Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My All Time Favorite Looks Then and Now

Hey you! Nice to see you again. So I wanted to share with you some of my all time favorite Makeup Looks and styles. I love mixing old with the new, so most times I will take a retro look and give it a modern spin to keep it up to date. 


50's Makeup "Classic Beauty"

This is probably one of the most loved looks of all time. This look is so timeless and classic, everyone can pull this look off. Women in this time were so classy and sophisticated that whenever I recreate this look I feel very womanly and strong. My favorite actress of this time was Elizabeth Taylor. She is drop dead gorgeous!!! I love her strong brows, flushed cheeks, and red lips. When I recreate this look I like to keep it simple and focus on a nice defined brow, perfect black liner, and beautiful matte red lips. Here is a video of me recreating this look ==> 50's, Pin Up, Dita Von Teese MakeUp Tutorial The Celebrity that does this look very well in our times is Dita Von Teese. 


Dita sticks to the classic 50's look but with her own gothic twist. Notice how her skin is porceline white with no blush. I like that she made it her own and redefined it for herself.


60's Makeup "The Doll Eyes Look" 

I love how this look is all about the eyes and lashes. Twiggy was one of this era's style icons. I love how her eyes look so big giving her the appearance of a doll. You can't really see it in this photo but it was also about thick eyeliner and a cut crease. A cut crease just means that the crease of the eye is overly defined. I love recreating this look by using a softer hand and not as dramatic. A celebrity that does this look very well nowadays is the singer Adele. I love her makeup it always looks so beautiful. If you would like to see a makeup tutorial on Adele...here you go =D ==> Adele Look Using Only Sonia Kashuk


Adele has a modern 60's look that I love. Look how chic and sultry she looks. 




Egyptian Inspired Makeup "The Cat Eye Look"

 Ok this look is just awesome! There is something so mysterious and sexy about a cat eye that I love. More often than not I can't resist to wing out my eyeliner just a little more than I have to. My favorite product to use to achieve this look is the Sonia Kashuk dramatically defining long wear eyeliner. It is so black and long lasting! What is also important about this look is the strong defined brows which I also love. Many celebrities today recreate this dramatic winged out eyeliner but my favorite of course has to be the beautiful Angelina Jolie. Now that I'm typing this I realize that I don't have a video recreating Angies look. I'm going to have to get on top of that!!! I do however have a video recreating Beyonce's look in her "Why don't you love me" music video. Which is a dramatic cat eye look. Check it out ==> Beyonce "Why Dont You Love Me" MakeUp Tutorial


Angelina is known for her sultry cat eye look. I love her look, it is perfect for the beautiful eye shape that she has. Well she is also my girl crush...haha 


This is a still of the Beyonce's look that I mentioned earlier if you were curious =D I also loved this look very much...it's so dramatic. 

So there you have it. These are my favorite looks. Tell me about yours!!! Hope you liked this and found it helpful. Thanks for stopping by and I hope to talk to you soon!

xoxo 
Jessin


No comments:

Post a Comment